iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator

    

Friday, December 08, 2006

Home


At the beginning, I'm really sorry for the long delay since my last post. I was swallowed in by work especially the last 5 months, but I enjoyed every second of it !

It has been 8 months since I moved back to UAE from UK. And here is a list of things I miss :
1. friends
2. London
3. British TV
4. country side's driving
5. weekend hang outs

and 5 things I enjoy in UAE :
1. my family
2. Waking up in the morning in your house, where the breakfast is ready, your car is cleaned and your shoes are shinning !
3. the nice feeling of serving your country and your people
4. Dubai
5. old friends

One of the things I hate the most in UAE is the TV !. We have so many channels on so many different satalites and cables but you can hardly find anything to watch!
The majority are either music channels, with half of the screen covered by SMS messages, or political and sectarian channels!
I 've also started noticing that we have what I call personal channels, a channel for mainly one person advertising him/herself and their services.
What irritates me watching music channels is the sms messages I see!. I still don’t understand why would a person send a msg for at least 5 Dirham just to say Hi or I'm leaving or goodnight ! to people don’t even know him/her !
In general I think, Dubai and mbc channels are the best available channels.

Traffic has been the main subject for Dubai TV for the past month or so. I personally see one main reason for the traffic jams " everywhere, everyday in Dubai", its how cheap its to own a car in UAE ! anyone can own a car even if his/her salary was no more than aed 3000.

Yesterday was my birthday btw :D, have a good weekend all.

5 Comments:

At 12/08/2006 3:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know someone in UAE, working at the Sheikh Khalifa Medical city. He loves it there, and his wife loves it too. He is planning to return to the US next year, but he definitely will miss the place.

 
At 12/09/2006 9:45 am, Blogger Sweet Arrogance said...

First of all i'd like to say ..
Happy Bleated Birthday to you my friend !
and ..
I hope your work is going really great! :)

Next, yes i agree with you there regarding the tv channels here in the UAE. Many meaningless channels are coming out nowadays, i mean they're totally pointless can't their owners see that in them? I guess what they care most about nowadays is "money" and their own goods. In short, selfishness! So who would listen? no one! .. All we have to do as viewers and victims of such pointless channels is nothing but ignore them or delete them from our tv lists!

Yes! Dubai tv is doing an excellent job regarding the "traffic" issue.. That's really great and mature of them to shed some light to that issue and wake some people up from their sleep! Well done to Dubai Tv!

Hmm...
about the missing part ..
Missing people/things is hard .. i really know how it feels ..but you have to cope with that.. i guess life is tough after all aint it? ..

Enjoy the weekend yourself ..
Have fun..
See ya around! :)

 
At 12/09/2006 10:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helloooooooooozzzz
Happy Birzday Doc :D
I'm sure u miss uk alot.. u were for a while :)
We've got something in common.. I HATE OUR TV CHANNELS .. malaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal... 7esha hal kether tv channels and NOTHING TO WATCH?
the only tv channels i watch r one tv, mbc4 and paramount :P sometimes movie channels itha fee nice movie .. bas shoo that is WHEN i watch tv.. i can live without tv believe it or not hehe
Traffic???... waaaaaaaaa3... i cant stand it.. i was in traffic for 3 hrs exactly that day!... can u imagine? ya well id rather go on a roadtrip that get stuck in traffic.. waste of time!
Anyways.. hOPE U HAVE FUN and go to london for the summer :P to remember the old times ;)
ciao
Meemz

 
At 4/13/2007 8:50 am, Blogger Bu Thyab said...

Salam bro,

sh7alek, 3asak ella b5air


long time no c, no d, no e, no meet =P

jus wanna stop by and say one thing>>>

UPDATE!!


lol


anyway, don't forget to come and stop by my blog:

http://ibnummatalquraan.blogspot.com

 
At 8/26/2007 10:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not alone !!
Do I hate local channels. At least I have the net to listen to my music.

ciao.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home